At UT Arlington, we are committed to helping students succeed academically so that they can earn their bachelor's degrees. If you are committed to your education, we are here to help with a vast array of support resources and programs designed to aid students of all classifications.
From your freshman year, University College will be an active partner in your academic success with advising, tutoring, supplemental instruction, and more. As you progress through your degree program, you will be able to return to University College for help with difficult subjects, for advice on tackling new obstacles, and for guidance on finding the career that's right for you.
While many freshman students come in with a major identified, all first-time freshmen will begin their academic journey at UT Arlington in University College. There, they will receive supportive and proactive advising as well as access to the academic support resources they will need as they transition into the college experience. These resources and services will remain available to all students even after they move into their academic major department for advising.
We also understand that, given life's complexities, twists, and turns, not all students will fit into the molds that the traditional disciplinary majors offer. Our Bachelor of Science in University Studies degree provides an option with a flexible approach that will open doors and help you achieve your career goals.
Think of University College as your one-stop center dedicated to student success. Together, we will help you set your sights high and lay the foundation for your future.
University College promotes student learning and development by providing coordinated and centralized academic resources and support services that help students define their educational goals and pursue a path toward graduation. In addition, University College serves as a focal point for campus programming that helps first-year students successfully transition to college life and meet the academic challenges set by faculty.
University College Programs and Services
While University College focuses on assisting freshman students as they transition to college, our programs and services serve all students who seek academic support during their career at UT Arlington.
- McNair Scholars program provides research and mentoring opportunities to eligible undergraduate students to prepare them for graduate study.
- University Tutorial offers no-cost and low-cost tutoring options to help students achieve higher grades and a better understanding of course material.
- University Advising Center advises all incoming freshman students (up to 30 credit hours) as well as undeclared and conditionally admitted transfer students. Academic advisors also guide students in the majors exploration process.
- Maverick Scholars Freshman Interest Groups match students with others who share their academic interests and majors in a freshman seminar and common coursework under the mentorship of faculty and peer academic leaders (PALs).
- Success U provides all freshman students a preview of what college is really like and an opportunity to get prepared for the challenges that lay ahead.